Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Female Sav Delimma

Hi I had a 9 years old female savannah died of old age, got her to vet every 6 months and never had a problem, she just stopped eating but vet coudnt find anything wrong.

Stick to insects, get roaches colonies and give maybe a rodent once per month, I used to give her more kind of foods and did well.

35-40C in basking spot, 30 overall enclosure, 25 cold side, if ovulating raise temps to 45C in basking spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-cMJ4Az-U

REgards,
    Ivan
    Last edited by Ivarano; 02-23-2017 at 04:13 AM.

Super Moderator
    Did your female ever produce any clutches? Fertile clutches with babies hatching too? That would be nice to see another rare event done by more than just the handful of people who can say that (and have the proof to back it too )

Yes she did, the problem was that I was not ready for them, I did not had an incubator, but she layed around 7 eggs, the male ate 2, my error was thinking that the male was to young (as you can see in the video) to fertilize the eggs, but around 25+/- days later she layed the eggs I was in the office and my family called me to tell she was laying eggs, but as you know almost all people is to afraid to put hand in the enclosures so they were not able to remove the male, and she had an egg box but only placed 4 there, one was in the open and the male ate 2, here in Mexico is not so widely spread the hobby so incubators do not come cheap or easy, and you mostly need to pre order or build one yousrself, Im curently working on Albigularis but definitely would like to to try with Boscs again, once Im at home Ill post the pics of the eggs, definitely not slugs.

I know the male ate 2 cause he later on that week regurgitated those, haha eww.

Oh and dont take it wrong but Im not used to lie so sorry if people need "proof", guess you can believe it or not .

Regards.
    Last edited by Ivarano; 03-13-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Super Moderator
    No offense taken how you responded I said it that way only because I see a lot of newcomers to keeping savs to begin with insisting they got a captive bred sav, when in reality what they have are w/c or c/h imports from those scummy dealers who say anything to make a sale. There are only a few people who keep them that have pictures of the entire event, it would have been nice to see. My mentioning that "proof" was not that I didn't believe you, but because there are so few pictures in existance.

I wish you best of luck for success with your albigs in the future, they are such beautiful monitors

Im posting some gravid pictures another where you can see the difference from the male and female (hence why I thought they only mated but nothing would come of that), and the one picture I have from the eggs.

I still dont see the relation of the CB, WC and CH, hatchlings etc. with the original post, my intention was to mention that the diet and parameters I gave to mine had them very healthy we know healthy animals mate.

Enjoy the pics... (Im still looking for one of my LAME atempt to save the eggs).

Gravid
    Abril2012 VARANOS 029.jpg

Gravid
    Fafnir 05-jan-2012 005.jpg

Male and female
    F&K 14-Enero-2012 004.jpg

Eggs
    Varias Enero 2012 001.jpg

I was not by any means trying to breed them, but I was aware they were a couple, so maybe if that would be my intention I would be more diligent documenting all and having all the needed resources set up.

Regards,
    Ivan
    Last edited by Ivarano; 03-14-2017 at 05:53 AM.